September 20, 2008

Race for Trace


What a wonderful day today. Today was the day of the Race For Trace, put on by my sister in laws. First I want to say how wonderful of a job my sisters did. They were very organized and well prepared. They even had a bathroom there, paramedics, and bagels and doughnut holes for kids. They put together these cute little gift bags for everyone and for those who placed walked away with nice gift bags from Great Harvest.
We had a wonderful turnout. I continue to be at awe in the amount of love and support our family, friends and even strangers willing and able to help us out. I heard that a women was driving by and stopped to just donate some money for the cause, who ever she is I hope she knows how grateful we are to her. There was a handful of people we didn't know that had just heard about the race and wanted to come run. I spoke to some of them and they expressed their hope in my recovery.
To start off the race I said a few words, what I could get out anyway and then Broc let go of a handful of balloons to start the race. Broc took off on his bike and so Kris ran after him. Broc finished the whole 3.1 miles with only a little help from Kris who carried our beautiful boy on his shoulders for a little bit but wanted to ride the last little bit. Grandpa Hjorten was right by their side when they crossed. I walked the whole way and was more then determined to finish. I figured that if all these people were here to support us then the least I could do was particpate myself. It was hard, and I am now very sore but ice packs have done wonders. When I rounded the corner by freemont everyone that remained stood by the curb and cheered me on. I was of course in tears for everyone sticking around to cheer me on. What a blessing to have such an enormas support group. Though I hate the fact that I have to go through this I am so blessed to have so many people behind me. As soon as I finished I sat on the curb, I was exhasted, but I had many people still there that I didnt get the chance to talk to before. It was nice to visit with everyone and for those I didnt get a chance to talk to thank you so much. When Kris and I got in the truck to finally go home, he turns to me and says "I am so proud of you trac, you finished a 5K only 9 days after having major surgery, you are amazing." I told him thank you both our eyes filled with tears. Each one of you have given so much and I dont know if or how I can ever repay you but I will make darn sure that I fight this with everything I have and from this day forward I am going to be very active in promoting breast cancer awareness. In fact on October 11 there is a Strides for Breast Cancer Awareness that I will be participating in, if you are interested in walking with me let me know and I can get you the information. It doesnt cost anything unles you want to donate to the American Cancer Society.
Thank you again for such a wonderful and life changing experience and may our Heavenly Father bless each one of you and keep you safe and well.
Love you all, Tray

5 comments:

Nick & Kerrie Andrews & Family said...

Tracy, can I just tell you just how much it meant to me to be able to participate in the Race for Trace. To see you out there walking.. and beating us.. ha! ha! You are an amazing woman and I am so proud of you! I know I tell you that a lot.. but I truely mean it! You are such an inspiration and I am so thankful to have you in my life! Watching you go through this trial has helped me to appreciate those things I have taken for granted.. to try and be a better person and love all those around me! I hope you know just how much you mean to us!

Roscoe and Daisy said...

You did a great job! It was great to be out there supporting you in this way. Many thoughts and prayers your way. You have such a cute family and sweet personality!

Our Family said...

Tracy, you are wonderful. And I can't believe you walked that whole thing. You are so strong. I am glad to be part of you and your familys lives and to have gotten to know you. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Your Sister in law's did a wonderful job.

Granny/Lynda said...

Well, Tracey, since I'm known as Granny, you'll just have to put up with the name Granny too. It's Lynda and I love you SO MUCH!!! I've watched you grow and mature since you were 2 yrs old and you and Bryan shared Twinkies at my Day Care in California. Now we are all in Utah and you have shared the most special of times with me at the Ogden Temple. My very most special prayers will be with you every moment of every day. Heavenly Father is with YOU!

Amy said...

You and your family have been in our thoughts and prayers. We will continue to pray for you guys and watch for updates.
Love
Tyler and Amy Seaver