November 20, 2008

Nebraska

Tuesday the 11th Broc and I flew to Denver where my sister meet us there, then drove three hours to her house in North Platte, Nebraska. (They live in a little town and surprisingly they have a small airport, however it was really pricey to fly in there).
My sister Kristin moved to Nebraska two years ago where her husband works for the Railroad. Every time I talked to her she would tell me how boring of a town they lived in and how her house was old and so on. So I get there and yes her town is boring, not much to do and it was pretty cold, however her house was very cute. She and her husband have done a lot of work on this house and it is beautiful. So Kristin you can knock the town but not your house!
Since I was still pretty tired from my round of Chemo on Monday and seeing how there isn't much to do there I just layed around and watched the kids play. I did get a chance to read to my nephew Jered's class, we also walked to pick up Jered and Gabbi from school. One day after school we went to a cool popcorn shop, they all sorts of kinds of popcorn. It was pretty yummy!
Each night when it came time to put the kids to bed, Broc would ask if he could just go back to his house and sleep in his bed or snuggle with daddy on his bed. It was so cute and I then realized how much Kris means to Broc, because he kept asking if his daddy was going to be okay or able to sleep since we weren't there. Very cute!
One night Kristin, Herb (her husband...his real name is Jeremy) and I played cards well into the night and then stayed up and talked. Another night their friends Jill and Andy and their kids came over and we played cards again while the kids ran wild through the house. They are really nice people and I am so glad my sister has a great friend to talk to and do things with.
While I was there one of the things I told Kristin I wanted to do was learn to make some of her yummy dinners. So a couple nights I watched as she made so good dinners. Now the true test is to see if I can make them. I would much rather her move back to Utah and live close by me so I can just reap the benefits of her left overs.
Since finding out about this whole spout of cancer thing, and the chances of me losing my hair has come about my sister talked with her daughter about what I am going to be going through. Upon finding out that her aunt might lose her hair she decided she wanted to cut her hair as well. Apparently she would ask her mother..."Has she lost her hair yet? Can we cut our hair yet?" It was pretty cute. So while I was there Kristin and Gabbi (7) got their hair cuts. Silent tears fell as I watched my brave niece cut her long hair to her ears, as well as my sister. They both look beautiful and I love their new hair dues.
On Friday my sister wanted to take me to see their mall. As we drove up I saw a semi large building that looked like the size of a Sams Club. Sure enough that was their mall. There was about 25 stores. It took us about a half hour to walk through the mall. That includes looking around. I found a couple warm hats to keep my head warm this winter and bonus one was only $1.09. AWESOME.
On Friday night after the kids were off to bed Kristin and I made a special treat for ourselves. A hot fresh cookie with ice cream over the top with home made hot fudge. It was delicious. That night of course my stomach didn't think it was so good. I was up most of the night and since my stomach hurt so bad I didn't eat anything for breakfast.
Saturday came and thank goodness Kristin's friend Jill came to ride with us back to Denver because I wasn't very good company.
And of course Broc had to go to the bathroom twice while driving there and he only needed to go after we past a gas station. Twice we had to pull over on the side for him to go, we really need to work on his aim.

Broc and I had a great time and it was very nice to get away though we missed Kris very much we are still glad to have gone. Now we just have to get down to New Mexico to visit my other sister. And since my Bro lives here I can see them as much as I want.

No comments: