December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thank goodness for Thanksgiving! A time when you can get together with your family and share what you are all thankful for.
This year for Thanksgiving my counsin Scott and his family came up. They had come up two years ago with his parents and siblings but it turned out to be a terrible one for them. Each one of them got sick while they were here. So they pretty much spent their time in my basement sick to death. Not this year though. We are glad to report that everyone was in good health. They arrived Wednesday evening and left on Sunday morning. While they were here they were able to go to Thanksgiving Point, Cabella's, The Myan Restaurant, Temple Square and the one place they were dying to go to was the high school were High School Musical was flimed. And they weren't the only ones there to see it. I thought that was pretty funny.
I wasn't feeling that great over the week, but we did go with them to a couple places but I pretty much stayed home.
They have two little kids, a daughter that is Broc's age and a 18 month old. Kris really bonded with him, he started calling him monster and then they would groul at each other. It was pretty cute. I sure hope they had a great time and cant wait for them to come up in the summer time. Better yet just make the move!!!
I wanted to take a second to give thanks,
I am thankful for my loving Husband, for his endless support and concern for me.
I am thankful for Broc, the joy he brings to my life is inmesaurable.
I am thankful for my family. They all have been my rock.
I am thankful for my Savior. For the attonment, and the oppertunity we have to live with him again.

I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and as the Christmas holiday approches let us remember the true meaning of Christmas. Let us not get wraped up in the commerical part of Christmas, and really think about what we have been blessed with.

No comments: