March 29, 2009

Up, Up and away

Saturday was such a beautiful day. I planted a couple flowers, Kris worked some more on the basement, Broc played outside jumping on his trampoline, playing in the sand.

AND THEN CAME THE WIND

"This is what our trampoline is supposed to look like!"
READ BELOW

However this morning when I got up and started getting ready for church all the sudden I heard this loud noise. Noticing it was the wind, I opened the blinds just in time to see our very heavy trampoline being lifted up in the air and blown across our yard hitting the back of the neighbors house. Kris was still laying in bed and I said Holly Crap there goes our trampoline. He jumps out of bed and looks out the window while I go running down the hall to grab my jacket and boots.
We get outside and the trampoline is smashed on one side, missing pieces on another and springs where everywhere. As we start trying to tear it apart we realize we are going to need some help, I called our neighbors and probably woke them up and they came to help. They said they had heard a loud noise but didn't know what it was.
The wind was blowing so hard that as you walked you were literally blown away, it was hard to get back in the garage with the pieces of the trampoline once we started taking it apart. All the trash cans were being blown everywhere, ours along with 5 other peoples news papers were down the street. We had a brick cutter out on the side of our garage that belongs to a Friends, we didn't want it to break so Kris and I both grabbed a side and started to bring it inside the garage, but the wind was so strong I slipped and the handle came down and knocked me in the face. Stupid thing. So we gave up on that until the neighbor could help Kris.
Poor Broc when we looked out the window he said "where is the trampoline mom?" I said "in the garage bud", "it must have been heavy for you to carry mom" I said "the wind broke it and it is in pieces in the garage". He was pretty sad.
Does Homeowners Insurance cover those kinds of things????? Probably not.

Pic #1: This is where the trampoline was
Pic #2: A Mangled Trampoline
Pic #3: Stupid SNOW (in March)

1 comment:

Taylor Tracks said...

Holy Cow! Was that a microburst or something, or just bad wind??