June 28, 2009

Happy Father's Day



I am really late on this one. We had a great Fathers Day. Broc and I made Kris breakfast as fast as we could because of course we woke up late and our church is at 9. So we scarfed down some French Toast and off to church we went.
I had this big plan to surprise Kris with Rock Band for the Wii. Broc and I went to Game Stop on Saturday to get, he was so excited because he wanted to play the guitar. I kept telling him "You will get to play it, but remember this is a super big surprise for Daddy so dont tell him" He seemed to be okay with that because he never mentioned it again. At least while I wasn't around!!!! After we got home from getting it Kris was gone so we hid it by my sisters bed in the basement because I knew he wouldn't go in their room. Kris got home a short time later and I ran an errand and came home about an hour later. We then went to dinner with some Friends and while there Broc said he wanted to play the Wii, he starts naming off the games we have and then Kris says, "do you want to play the guitar Broc?" I look at him and said "WHAT DID YOU SAY??????" Of course Kris just smiled, the cat was out of the bag, apparently while I was gone Broc and Kris were working down stairs (still trying to get some things done on the basement) and Broc says to Kris "come here dad I have to show you a secret." Kris says "Broc that is Aunt Kristin's room we dont go in there when she is not here!" Broc: "no dad I really need to show you a secret it is just on the side of her bed." Then Broc proceeds to drag him by the arm to Krids room and lifts up her bedspread and shows him the box. Here I was thinking I was so cleaver hiding it in there because I knew he wouldn't go in there.
I guess Broc wont be doing any Christmas or birthday shopping with me this year since he cant keep his mouth shut! That is okay Kris said it was so funny the way he was trying to get him to go into Krids room so he could see his secret surprise.
We had a great time playing it and Broc likes to play the drums, I like to play the guitar and sing, the drums are hard for me, and Kris likes to play the drums and guitar . He of course is good at both!
We also went to both of our parents were we ate too much yummy food and visited with our Dads. We both have been blessed with wonderful Fathers who would do anything for us, both sets of our parents are the best!
And of course I have the most kind, loving and giving husband of all. He may not open my door for me anymore, but he would give me the world if he could, and he is the best Dad I could ever ask for for our son! Thanks Kris for standing by me this past year and holding my hand and making me a stronger person. I get so much of my strength from you and you make me want to be a better person inside and out. Thank you for being a great example for our son, for playing with him and providing for the both of us, for working hard so I can stay home with Broc.
I love you all the way to the moon.... and back!

No comments: