September 1, 2009

We love you Granny

4 Years ago we convinced my Grandma to sell her house in Cali and move up here to be close to us. She had her daughter and her kids down there in Cali to keep her company and help take care of her, but we wanted a turn to help out as well. She finally gave in and sold just about everything and bought a beautiful new home in N. Ogden, where she enjoyed us planting her flowers and pulling her weeds. She loved her home and her neighbors over there.
Every time we went somewhere she came along with us. At that time I had my truck and boy was it funny to try to get her up in that truck! We carted her everywhere, the mall, Gardner's Village, SLC Temple, Family Nights, Birthday parties, Lunches, Dinners, Family Reunions. We loved spending time with her and Broc and her developed a wonderful relationship. Her new name was "Granny"! He had to give her a name that was different from my mom's.

After about two years of living there she started to need more help then just the occasional weeding and gardening. She moved in with my mom and was still able to get around just needed some extra help. After a while she just kept falling and getting sick.
In the course of about a month she drastically went down hill. Sometimes she knew who we were and sometimes she didn't. She always referred to my dad as "Big Feet" and my mom was sometimes a different name. Sometimes she would refer mom as "that one lady". It was kinda funny sometimes and sometimes she laughed right along with us.

On Sunday night the 22nd we went over to visit knowing it wouldn't be that much longer. I brought Broc over and she wouldn't respond very much to him but once I said "Hi Grandma its Tracy" she would open her eyes but not much else. Broc was able to give her a hug and kiss goodbye and told her he loved her.
On Monday night I went back over by myself and visited and held her hand and whispered things in her ear, it was so hard because I think she could hear me but her body just wouldn't respond. That night she passed away. Greeted by her Husband and loved ones I am sure she is very happy right now.

On Saturday we had a viewing for friends and family that she had up here, a lot of family we haven't seen before or for very long had come up to pay their respects. My cousins from California were able to come up and we were happy to have them visit, just wish it was for a better reason. Today, Tuesday the 1st she will be laid to rest next to her husband in California.

We miss her all ready but know that she is happy and healthy.
I also wanted to share some of the cute things Broc asked me about her.
We were driving up to my mom's the other day and he said that he couldn't wait to tell Granny about his pre-school. This is how our conversation went:
"Remember buddy Granny is living with Heavenly Father now."
B: "How did she get there"
"Well her body is still here but her spirit is with Heavenly Father."
B: "Why did Granny die?"
"Sometimes people get old and their bodies cant keep up."
B:"She should have drank more milk mom, like me I am strong."
Again he asks
B:"How did she get to Heaven mom? In an elevator? Is she where Kooter Dog is? Maybe she can take care of him while we are gone from him."

After we visited with my mom and were driving off he rolls his window down and says,
"Grandma tell Granny bye for me."
I love how he asked questions and I could tell his mind was trying to make sense of everything. I am glad I had a notepad with me so I could write this stuff down. I had to pull over to the side of the rode while he asked all these questions.

I have so many photos of Grandma and Broc but they are all on my old computer. I need to put them on this one too so I can share some pics of her with you guys.
She is an amazing woman and I am so happy to have the gospel in my life that teaches and shows us that we can be together again, that we can be an Eternal Family!

No comments: