November 28, 2009

Happy Turkey Day






Even though the day has past, I wanted to shout out, "HAPPY THANKSGIVING" to everyone. We had a wonderful time, with great food and family. This year it was our turn to go to Kris's families for dinner. It wasn't the same though because a few family members and their kids were missing due to them going to their in-laws. It was...QUITE. Which was wired, 7 out 16 grand kids were there. We had fun though. After we ate dinner we looked through the ads and found that Michael's was having a huge sale on their Cricket Cartridges and that is started at 5, and Old Navy had their jeans on sale for $10 for kids and 15 for adults. We ventured on down and between me, my mother in law, and Amber we bought 12 new cartridges, they are so fun and i cant wait to use them. Then I went to Old Navy and bought some jeans for my sister for her kids, since they weren't near an Old Navy. So all in all I think I did really good.

After that we went to visit my family and had some yummy pie and talked about our plan of attack for Friday morning.

Friday morning came and my mom and sister went to Target before it opened and waited in line. Me well I wanted some more sleep so I didn't meet them till 6. I also had a helper this year. Kaeling (my bro-in-laws great friend) went with me. She is from Canada and has never been shopping on BLACK FRIDAY. So I introduced her to the madness. All though I have to say it was pretty mild this year. I hope she had a great time and comes back to do it again with me.
We went to Walmart, Best Buy, Sears, the Mall, Shop-Ko, Target again then went to lunch at my favorite place, Cafe Rio. All this went on and my wonderful husband stayed home with Broc the whole time and didn't even call me to ask when I was coming home. In fact I called him and he said "you aren't supposed to be calling me remember!"
We had a great time, I got almost all of my shopping done, except for a few minor things.


Hope everyone had a great Turkey Day and was able to spend it with family or someone you love.
I am grateful for both of our families and for all they do for us, I am grateful for my two boys! They bring me so much happiness and I am so blessed to have them as part of my eternal family.
I am also grateful that I was able to taste the yummy food this year! The gravy, turkey everything was great! Much better than last years food. (Not that it wasn't good, just didn't really taste it at all)

No comments: