December 27, 2009

Christmas Eve

We have a tradition in my family where we get together on Christmas Eve, eat Mexican food, and open PJ's Grandma makes for us.
This year was no different, we had my mom's yummy taco's, Kristin's chicken enchiladas, Cami's bean dip and chips, three different chocolate deserts! Cake Kristin made for Kris's b-day, a chocolate pudding cake Cami made, and chocolate eclair cake that I made. By the time the night ended we had to loosen a button or two. Then since Kristin had made some cookies the day before she brought those over and the kids all decorated cookies for Santa. They did a pretty good job, Spencer poured half the bottle of sprinkles on one cookie, it was so funny. And then I forgot to put the cookies out that night for Santa, Broc didn't remember till the day after Christmas that we had forgotten to do so.
After we ate we talked my parents into playing Rock Band with us. I have come to the conclusion that my dad has a flare for the guttier! He is pretty good and my mom, well she likes to sing, and with my dad's help sometimes they were able to keep in harmony. We all laughed at their expense and they were good sports about it. Erik (my brother) after much resistance to playing finally got up to play and did pretty good. He thought he was getting good until he changed the difficulty to HARD, lets just say he never stood a chance! But it was funny watching him try. Kristin (my sister) and her husband did pretty good, Herb (real name Jeremy) was a little timid at first but I think he secretly wishes he was Steven Tyler! Kristin sang well with the help of her 2 year old Matti. Me, Kris and Cami had experience in the game so we did good.

After noticing it was all ready after 9 and we still hadn't had our desert or opened our Jammie's, we scurried up stairs to do so. After opening our Jammie's we heard some bells out side and wouldn't you know Santa was out side walking around our neighborhood, just doing a quick check to see if the kids were in bed yet. He waved at the kids and told them to be good and go to bed. That was a great ending to a great night!

No comments: