December 24, 2009

Pre-School Christmas Party

I dont know what I was thinking when I volunteered to do the Christmas party for Broc's class. Thankfully I recuited the ladies that helped with Joy School last year and we all did it together. I would have been ten times more stressed had I done it by myself.
We had the kids frost cookies, make a Christmas tree out of tongue depressers, color and cut a reindeer out with a fluffy red nose, gift exchange, learn a new song, and read a story to them. At the very end we had a very special visitor! It was the Big Guy himself! Santa arrived in a Chevy Pick-up. I guess Allan Jackson really knows what he likes to drive because that is what he arrived in. I think he left his sleigh back at the North Pole along with the reindeer so they wouldn't get to tried.
The kids had a great time and it made me realize it takes some special people to teach 3 & 4 year olds, 19 of them is a lot of kids. There were four of us doing the party and only two teachers, how do they do it without pulling their hair out?????

No comments: