June 1, 2010

5 Years Old

This has been a busy month for us. Graduation, now his B-Day. Well actually it his birthday first then graduation but that is okay, he is so smart he graduated earlier!
This year was the first year where the weather has been crappy for his birthday, but we didn't let that put a damper on it. He has never had a friend party so this year we did that, it was a Pirate Party. I think the kids had a blast and I did too. My sister being the great cook she is made Broc the coolest pirate ship cake, it was so awesome. (I am so glad she is talented)
I decided to do a treasure hunt for them. I made up little clues and at each spot they found a treasure or something that would help them look more like pirates, at the very end Kris buried treasure in the sand box and of course the X marked the spot. After that we had a pinata. They did some damage to it, but I kinda broke it because they were getting upset as to how many turns they were having, so to solve the problem I broke it. And of course my first swing was a total miss because of the person holding it, yep you guessed it, it was Kris. The kids had a great time and I am so glad he has made such wonderful friends. Of course he also had a couple of boy cousins come too.
After that was over we hurried and got ready for T-Ball. Of course we won and Broc did great.
After that we had our family over for a BBQ and then Ice Cream and Cake. It was a very busy day but a wonderful one too.
Now that he is 5 he keeps saying "now I can go to Kindergarten right mom, like right now, when do I get to go?" I tell him September and he says, "ahhhh that will take forever!" I say, "I hope so!" Kris and I are so blessed to have him, words cannot describe the love we have for him and the joy and happiness he brings to our family.
We love you Skip!
WARNING: LOTS OF PICS


No comments: