July 29, 2010

Family Reunion

Summer Time...Sun, fun, pools, bike rides, ice creams, and of course FAMILY REUNIONS!

July 8th through the 11th we had Kris's family reunion. This year we stayed in a house in Park City. The weather was great and the kids had a great time. However for Kris and I it was a crazy weekend. Kris had to finish up the parade of homes and I had planned a yard sale that weekend as well. So this is how our crazy schedule went. Thursday Broc and I meet Kris's mom and sister in law in Morgan to travel on to park city. While they were following me their car over heated or shall I say it was lacking in some major oil. We made it to a gas station put some oil in it and away we went. We had a nice eventful evening. Two of the nieces got into Grandmas make up and went to town with it.

The next morning we all went over to the Olympic Park. Kris and I had been there before but only to look at so I didnt think they had much there. However they have a ton of things to do. They have the ski jumps where as right now the people and kids as well go down and land in a pool. That was fun to watch, they actually have classes for little kids. I wish I lived closer i would love to get Broc into something like that. They have two different zip lines and alpine slide. You can also watch the luge (i think that is what it is called) We went on the alpine slides and Broc loved that as well as the other kids, but then it started getting dark and the thunder clouds came in, so we went home. I had to get back Friday night because I was having my sale on Saturday morning, I left around 4 and Kris came up around 7 so we missed each other but at least he was up there with Broc. Saturday I had my sale (which went very well, and I still have a ton of stuff and will be having another sale to get rid of more stuff August 14th) Kris stayed up there till about 2 then headed home to do the parade of homes again, then came back up late that night for the last night with us. I headed back up around 4. The kids had spent the day boating and swimming in the pool. Sunday we packed up our crap and headed home. It was a fun weekend filled with a lot of kids but we all had a great time! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for the place to stay and thanks to April for planning it, you did great as usual! Cant wait for next year.




No comments: