July 26, 2010

Yet Another 5K

All though my knees have still been bothering me from running the half in January I really wanted to run the city's 4th of July Milk Run this year. I missed last years due to well ya know, so I was very determined to do it. As I said it was on the 4th of July and I think this was the coldest 4th of July I have ever experienced. The race started at 7 and I bet it was 48 degrees out side. I KID YOU NOT. Here I was in a tank top and Capri's. CRAZY! It felt like the longest 5K ever because I was familiar with the area and so I knew how far the finish line was. Unlike the Ogden one I didn't know where it was so I did great. But holy cow it was tough. However I finished and Broc and Kris meet me at the finish line. Unfortunate Kris keeps giving Broc the camera to take pics so I have a bunch of pics of the ground and other people. But that is okay. This year my neighbor ran it as well, so it was nice to run with a good friend and neighbor. Great job Meredith. I don't know what my time was because I was so sore afterwards that I just plumped down on the sidewalk, but my guess would be under 30 mins. Yeah!

No comments: