August 31, 2010

Colorado or Bust

This past weekend we joined our friends Sharkie (Meridth) and her husband T-Rex (Rex) for a quick road trip to Denver. In a couple weeks it is T-Rex's b-day and for his b-day Sharkie wanted to take him to a Steelers football game. It just so happened that they were playing the Denver Bronco's for one of their pre-season games.
So without him knowing we picked the two of them up and she told him we were going on a trip. Well Kris wanted to add to the fun of the surprise and the whole time we were driving their he kept telling him we were going to a ballet and also going to be staying on a reservation in a Tpee. Oh and after we passed a sign that said "State Penatenurey" he said we were going their to teach the inmates! Of course he didn't buy the state pen thing or the Tpee thing but I think he really thought we were going to a play or ballet.
After what seemed like the longest drive ever we arrived at our hotel in a city called Estes Park. It is a beautiful place, kind of like park city but much better and prettier! Sunday morning Sharkie made us a yummy breakfast and we walked around town for a while then headed into Denver for the game.
Our seats were only one section away from them and one row up. 14th row baby, great seats! Since I am not a huge football fan I thought I would cheer for the Steelers to support our friends. But after the first quarter I switched sides and cheered for the Bronco's. Kris doesnt care for either team so he didnt really cheer. For those of you who know Kris I am sure it is hard to believe that he just sat there and watched the game and didnt really cheer! lol
It started to rain after the first quater but only for about five minutes then it was a beautiful night. The game finally ended with the score being Bronco's 27 and Steelers 16.
The next morning when I woke up the first thing I wanted to do was look out the window to see the river right next to our room and guess what I saw? A very large Elk that was less then ten feet away. Of course my camera was in the car from the night before so all I had was my cell phone. So if you want to see pics check out my facebook page. It was so awesome to be that close to an Elk. It was so big and it was just chomping away on the grass and the trees. So COOL! Then when we were leaving the same one was by some cars. It looked like his antlers were going to scratch the car!
It was so hard leaving Broc! We didn't leave till Saturday but on Friday he had a date night planned with his favorite Nascar Buddy Lori and her nephew Kaden. So we dropped him off Friday night to stay the night with them (which they petted Donkeys and played x-Box and ate popcorn and stayed up till midnight). The next morning she made him Mickey Mouse pancakes then was taking him to a birthday party for us since we were leaving and weren't going to be able to take him. Well I couldn't stand the fact that I wasnt going to be able to see him till Monday so I went over to Lori's at ten and spent some time with him before we left town. (she thought I was crazy)
After the b-day party Lori took Broc up to my mom's where he stayed till Monday.
He went to Church with them on Sunday and that night he was sad and said he missed his mommy and daddy and wanted us to come home. My mom had him call us but we were at the game and so I didn't have my phone. The next morning (Monday)he called us and this was his message (hi mom its me Broc, call me....and get me a DS game, bye) It was such a funny message.
On Monday they went to Temple Square and then played indoor golf (it glowed, it was Broc said) and a couple arcade games. When we got home Kris had to go do a couple things for work so I went over to pick him up and Broc was waiting on the front porch for me, when I pulled up he had the biggest smile and just ran to the car. I couldn't help it I got all choked up! I was so happy to get the biggest hug and lots of kisses from him! I thought he would miss us but not that much! So I was so happy that he did miss us and he said, "mom I don't care if you and daddy go on a vacation again, just don't go for so long. I really missed you!" I missed him too!

Thanks to Mom and Lori for taking such great care of our boy and keeping him entertained and loved while we were gone. And thanks to Sharkie and T-Rex for a great weekend.


No comments: