January 13, 2011

First Kindergarden Field Trip

Last week Broc came home from school and as usual I open his backpack to see if there are any papers. I pulled out one that said "our first field trip...Ogden Nature Center...only allowed two volunteers per class, first two to call can go." I grabbed the phone and called the school and left a message that I wanted to go. His teacher probably thought I was a nerd for calling right after school. She didnt call me back till Friday night, and told me I was able to go. I think I was more excited about being one of the parents then Broc was about going.
Monday came and they had a wonderful time. They taught them what the proper word to use for animal POOP, "SKAT" they thought that was pretty funny. Some kids were blindfolded and then given something and they had to guess what it was. They got to make animals tracks on paper, then the best part was they got to put on snow shoes and walk on a trail where we saw a doe, and some turkeys. It was pretty funny watching a bunch of little kids trying to walk in snow shoes. They kept walking on the back part of their snow show with their other foot. That was the best part! (just a little side note, while typing this I am drinking hot choco and just burned my tongue! OUCH) I think I want to take Broc back in the summer time to see more animals, it was a pretty cool thing they have going on there.

No comments: