June 18, 2008

For the Birds



As much as I love birds and the beautiful sounds they make, right now I think I could kill them all. About a month ago a bird kept trying to make a nest in our BBQ grill. We would get ready to BBQ and there would be this nice perfect nest in our grill. So each time we would have to clean it out, and the very next day it would be back. And while making her nest she would poop all over our railing and our deck. So I finally bought a cover for the BBQ thinking our problem was solved. A week later I found that same bird making a nest on our wood trusses outside our front door. So again we kept knocking it down only to discover the next day it would be back again. This bird was very persistent!! After a couple of days of not remembering to look out the front door this bird had made its nest and had laid eggs. So having the big heart I do, I told Kris he couldn't knock it down and we would just have to wait till these eggs hatched. They hatched!! Now from what I can see are three little birds in the nest poking their little heads out every morning so their momma can feed them. It is so cute!!! However now we have bird poop dripping from our wood trusses out front. After they take flight I guess I will have my work cut out for me scrubbing the trusses.

No comments: