July 9, 2008

First Family Reunion

For the very first time ever since Kris and I have been married we had a family reunion with his family. We left on Sunday heading for Lava Hot Springs in Idaho. We had a great time! The weather was perfect, it was in the 80's the whole time. We rented out an old school house and it was the perfect size for all 31 of us. The kids were really good and loved playing with each other. We went to the pool and spent all day there on Monday. I slipped out and went to get a massage which was wonderful and was a much needed one. The lady did such a great job I was tempted to go again on Tuesday. Tuesday me, Kris his two brothers, brother in law and his son, and a friend of my brother in laws tubed the river. We had a great time. It took 25Min's to tube it, so we went twice. The second time we got a little more daring and went up the river a little bit further, I now know why there wasn't a walk way to that spot. They didn't want you getting in there. We got in and the first dip we hit was a little more intense then the rest. Most of us ended up either falling off our tube, losing a flip flop and glasses, bruised or bleeding. The only one who pretty much stayed on with no problem was my little 8 year old nephew what a trooper! Kris went before me and was trying to tell me to go to a certain side and I tried with all my might to do that but got caught up in the current and well lets just say I looked at Kris and I could tell he was very worried. I slipped off the top of my tube and was holding onto it with one hand trying to pull myself up while trying not to get scraped with the rocks and boulders below. Finally I pulled myself up and was once again in calm water. Pretty intense for a minute. Then when we were just about to the spot where you get out a man and his 3 year old son (they recommend not bringing children under the age of 8 because some spots are running pretty fast) tube flipped over and Kris was right in front of them jumped off his tube to get to them trying to pull them up and flip there tube over. I wasn't very far away so I jumped off my tube to help and smacked my shin on a huge rock. Needless to say Kris pretty much saved them in my opinion. I came out of it with a hero for a husband and a huge bump and bruise on my shin, not to mention I lost my shoe while trying to assist, luckily it floats so Kris grabbed it as it floated by him. MY HERO!!!
We had a wonderful time with his family and hope to do it again next year. Great job April on planning it and coordinating everything! Where we going next year??????

1 comment:

Roscoe and Daisy said...

Intense story and no pictures to back it up! :) Good job Kris on being the hero of the day.