August 25, 2008

Big Heart

Yesterday when we got home from church Broc wanted to watch the Winnie The Pooh movie. So we popped it in and away it went. Well towards the end Tigger got stuck in a tree and couldn't get down. Everyone came to help him and Rabbit said they would get him out if he promised never to bounce again. Terrified as he was he said he promised. After getting down he was so excited he wanted to bounce, but Rabbit reminded him of the promise he made of not to bounce. "Just one bounce?" Tigger said. And Rabbit said, "A promise is a promise Tigger" So poor Tigger put his head down and walked away knowing he needed to keep his promise. It showed Tigger walking away with tears in his eyes. I looked over at Broc to see his reaction and he had his poor little lip out (if any of you have seen it, it is the cutest thing ever) and his beautiful eyes were filled with tears. I asked him what was the matter and he said "poor Tigger cant bounce anymore and he likes to do that and he is sad." I smiled of course so proud of my little boy who has the biggest heart, concerned over poor Tiggers feelings. What a special gift to have a such a tender age. I hope he always has a big heart and has love for those he cares about.
After that I told him it would be okay, and the next part in the movie Rabbit noticed how sad it made Tigger and said "well I guess we would miss it if Tigger doesn't bounce." Tigger heard Rabbit and bounced back and gave him a big hug. Immediately Broc smiled and said he can bounce again.

These are the moments I continually thank my Heavenly Father for. Blessing us with this wonderful boy who has the same big heart as our Heavenly Father does!

1 comment:

Tandi said...

Wow! that was touching! your a great mom!