February 7, 2009

Swimming in Winter

Yesterday our friends called and invited us to go swimming at the Layton Surf and Swim. It was pretty fun! It was just Broc and I and our Friends Amy and Hadley. They have a dome over it so it was pretty warm, the water wasn't too bad, but if you know me it was cold for me. Water would be cold for me even if it was 80 degrees. We rented this inner tube and it was a small one, so Broc wanted to play with it in the 2ft deep water. Amy and I were sitting in the water just visiting and I look over in time to see the inner tube on its side and Broc with his head in the water. I looked up in time to jump up and grab him just before the life guard did. I felt like the worst mother in the world. I turned my head for two seconds and he was on his side. After I grabbed him he kept saying to me "mom I choked I choked." I felt horrible. Especially after about a week ago I had a horrible dream that I put a baby in a tub and forgot about the baby and it drowned. (Remember it was just a dream) but it felt so real. So after that happened with Broc I felt awful. Needless to say I wouldn't let him play with the big inner tube anymore. I of course forgot my camera so no pictures but we had a great time. Afterwards we took the kids to McDonalds for an ice cream cone. I hope we can go again it was pretty fun going swimming when the weather is cold. Thanks Amy for the invite!

1 comment:

Roscoe and Daisy said...

Good job on going swimming-but sorry of the inter tube mishap. Broc is such a cutie.