May 12, 2010

For the BIRDS

Last year we had some nice little birdies build a nest on our wood trusses out front. I didn't mind so much and actually thought it was cute once the baby birds were born.
WELL NOW I AM SICK OF THE DUMB BIRDS!
For the past few weeks they keep trying to get into my BBQ grill to build a nest. We have cleaned out our BBQ grill several times due to the cluster of branches and grass.
I put the cover on it and they found a way through the small slit in it! I rolled up bags in foil and covered the holes on the side and they went through the bottom. Kris even turned the grill on and let it burn for a few hours (wasting our propane) thinking maybe if we burned what they all ready started they would get the hint and not build! My last resort was just leave the lid open, that way they wont have any shelter! Well look at where that got me and look at what they are doing to my deck! I have a lawn guy, a bug guy, does anyone know of a bird guy??????

3 comments:

Bobbidee said...

Gross! That happened once in our grill when we lived in UT but I don't remember how we got rid of them. Sorry! :)

Our Family said...

Call Spank, he has no problem killing eggs and birds. He is constantly pulling down nests with eggs. But it's one less bird to worry about. They make such a mess.

Nicole Burton said...

We have been having the same stinkin' problem! The darn Plain City birds! We finally stuffed towels in the grill and put plastic over the opening they kept coming in through!