August 19, 2010

Mowing Lawn

While I was mowing last night I looked up and saw Broc just standing on the deck looking board. I thought "This is a great teaching opportunity!"

I asked him if he wanted to mow and he said yes. So the first two rows I helped him then I let him do it all on his own. I was very impressed with his willingness to help me out and actually do it. It was however a little bit hard for me to watch as my straight lines had now become not so straight. But I looked past that for at least four rows and let him do his thing. He never complained once but said "This is hard work mom" When it came time to turn around, it wasnt quite a sharp turn more like a huge oval like turn. But still very funny.

He may be mowing on his own here in the next two years! All though I have to teach him how it looks really nice when your lines straight! LOL

3 comments:

Bobbidee said...

Thanks Trac! Mowing the lawn is the one job I don't want my kids to take over. At the rate they are going I am guessing I will have my wish. ;) Hope you are doing well! Cute pics!

Nick & Kerrie Andrews & Family said...

What a crack up! It has been great since Preston has been able to mow the lawn! I don't mind doing it, but it's also nice to have a break! ha! ha! He'll be a pro before you know it! :)

hjofam said...

Ashli has been mowing our lawn for the last 2 summers and it has been great. Just teach him right and he'll eventually mow it how you like it to be mowed.