May 7, 2009

Susan G. Koman Race For The Cure, SLC

Hi everyone! So many things have been going on and I have a lot to update on my blog, however that is going to have to wait till Sunday when I have time. Right now I want to tell everyone and also to invite everyone to participate with me in the Susan G. Koman Race for the cure. It is this Saturday morning, here is the outline of the event and what it costs. I thought it was a free race but then how would they raise money for awareness. Duh. Below will give you the details about time, where, and cost. I would love to have anyone there with me who would like to participate. It will be a fun event and I am really looking forward to it. Call me if you are able to make it and we can either car pool or plan on a place to meet.
If you cant make it I completely understand, seeing how it is mother's day this weekend and last minute I completely understand. Thanks everyone for your continuing support and love.

The 13th annual Komen Salt Lake City Race for the Cure will be held on Saturday, May 9, 2009 at The Gateway Mall at South Temple & 400 West in Salt Lake City, Utah.

The 5K (3.1 miles) run and walk and the 1 mile fun run/walk will start at 8:30am at a new start line. Both events will start on 300 W & North Temple heading north, and coming back to end near the Gateway Legacy Fountain.

There will be no timed events this year. A timing clock will be set up at the start and the finish for participants interested in timing themselves.

Please come join us in the fight against breast cancer on Saturday, May 9th!



7:00 am: Race Day Registration
8:15 am: Fitness Warm-Up at the start line
8:30 am: 5K Run/Walk and 1 Mile Fun Walk/Run Start
9:45 am: Awards/Sponsors/Survivor Parade and Recognition


2009 Entry Fees
Registration Fees Online Mail in
Survivor, Senior & Youth* $15 $20
Adult $25 $30
Sleep In for the Cure $30 $35
*Senior (65 & over)

*Youth (4-12)

Day of race fees: $40 (all categories)

No comments: